The Elora Singers (TES) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our patrons and donors, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, and how we keep it secure, in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you’re agreeing to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to The Elora Singers, Elora Centre For The Arts, 75A Melville Street, Elora, ON, N0B 1S0.
How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information from you when you make a donation, subscribe to our mailouts, join our friends programmes and purchase tickets/other merchandise. This can be done electronically, in writing and verbally.
What type of information is collected from you?
TES collects personal information from patrons and donors which can include:
- name, street, and email addresses;
- telephone, fax, and credit card numbers;
- birth date, age, and proof of age;
- purchase and donation history;
- seating preferences; medical information related to seating needs
- artistic and donation preferences;
- publicly available financial information;
- personal information such as the names of family members and special interests;
- patron communications such as letters, electronic communication, or verbal feedback.
Business addresses and certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses, and phone numbers as published in telephone directories, are not considered personal information. TES collects information about identifiable individuals from published or public sources for the purposes of its own fundraising activities if the information is reasonably necessary for the fundraising activities.
How is your information used?
Personal information is used primarily for purchase and donation transactions and to deliver tickets and tax receipts. It is also used to provide customer service with reminders about concert dates and times; information about schedule or artistic changes; parking, construction, or traffic updates; other ES events and special offers. It is also used to solicit support in ES ticket sales and development campaigns through direct mail, electronic communication, or telesales. From time to time, TES may use this information to conduct market research. TES may inform patrons about the events of other arts or cultural organizations if deemed to be of significant value to ES patrons and may exchange patron lists with other arts and cultural organizations, always through a third-party mailing house to prevent disclosure of personal information. Occasionally, TES may provide information to patrons from its sponsors.
From time to time, TES may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To process and fulfill your order(s), including to send you emails to confirm your order status and shipment
- To administer and fulfill contests, loyalty programs, and other promotions and programs in which you participate
- To help us address problems with and improve our site design, products and services
- To enhance your shopping experience
- To help us learn more about your shopping preferences
- To understand your shopping interests and purchasing history so that we can tailor offers and promotions to you
- For our internal business purposes, such as to analyze trends and statistics, for audits, to develop new products, to enhance our websites, to improve our services, to identify usage trends and to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns
- To protect the security or integrity of our websites and our business
- To contact you if necessary regarding your transactions with us, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or for other administrative purposes
- With your consent when required, to communicate with you and to send you information by email, postal mail, telephone, text message, or other means about our products, services, contests, and promotions, unless you have directed us not to contact you with promotional communications
As a registered charitable organization, TES is exempt from the National Do Not Call List but is committed to ensuring that patrons do not receive an unreasonable number of letters, phone calls, or emails.
Who has access to your information?
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
When purchasing tickets/merchandise through online pages, your purchase is processed by a third party payment processor who specialises in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions. Only authorized ES personnel have access to the information based on their need to deal with the information for the reasons it was obtained. When it is shared with third party agencies (such as payment processing companies, mailing houses, or professional research firms), they are bound by contract to the same privacy standard that TES uses, and data is provided for one-time use only. If you have any questions regarding secure transactions, please contact us.
Our business partners:
- Vibrant Content Ltd – website design
- Blue Elephant Productions - marketing agency
Connected third parties:
- Google Fonts – enhanced digital fonts
- Typekit - enhanced digital fonts
You have a choice about whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
TES obtains consent for the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information. Patrons who are informed of TES’s uses of personal information through its privacy messages, and who do not ask to opt out or be removed from ES’s lists, are understood to have granted implied consent. Explicit consent (oral, written, “opt-out”, or “opt-in”) is also used.
If you do not want to receive direct marketing emails from us, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes on the forms from which we collect your information.
We will not contact you for marketing purposes by email or phone unless you have given your prior consent. We will not contact you for marketing purposes by mail if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted. You can change your marketing preferences at any time by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How you can access and update your information
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If you change email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please email us at: email@example.com or by writing to The Elora Singers, Elora Centre For The Arts, 75A Melville Street, Elora, ON, N0B 1S0.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information ES holds about you.
How is my information used for behavioural or interest-based advertising?
We may work with third-party companies that use Google Analytics Advertising. Google may collect information about your activity on our sites and your interaction with our advertising and other communications and use this information to determine which ads you see on third-party websites and applications. More specifically, we use these Google Analytics Advertising features:
- Remarketing with Google Analytics
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via advertising cookies and anonymous identifiers
For more information about this practice and to understand your options, including how you can opt-out of receiving third-party behavioural ads, please visit the Digital Advertising Alliance website as http://youradchoices.ca/.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned to protect the privacy of children aged 16 or under. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Limiting use, disclosure, retention and safeguarding of personal information
Use: Information is used for the purposes described above and no others.
Disclosure: TES does not sell or rent its list of patrons.
Retention: Hard copy records with patron transaction information are retained in TES accounting department as required by law for seven years and then shredded. Electronic database files with purchase and donation history are retained as TES often has decades-long relationships with its supporters and requires this information to service and recognize them appropriately.
Safeguarding: TES takes technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the personal information in its possession. The security safeguards are appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information.
If you ask us to delete your records we will destroy all of your personal information that we hold on our files.
Review of this Policy
We keep this Policy under regular review. This Policy was last updated in March 2021.